Sunday, January 8, 2012

Thomas Time!

Click Here!

^^^^^^^^^

Man, I love Tosh.0 That guy is hilarious!

Now, to the topic at hand, the Broncos dramatic OT win over the Steelers in the Wild Card game today (Sunday).

It was great. It was awesome. It was epic.
I'll be the first to say I had Pitt tromping the Broncos in this game. And for good reason. In a nut shell, Tebow's past 3 games and the Steeler's top ranked defense.
I gave Tebow no shot at all, obviously, being a Tebow critic.
But after this game, man you must think I am on the Tebow wagon now, huh?

NOOOOOPE.

Chuck Testa.

No I am not. I'm not crazy! I can quote myself saying "I'll get on when we win a game in the playoffs."
Well we did, and I'm not.


You guys think Tim Tebow is a great QB.
I don't.
Here's why:

Tim Tebow had, statistically, the WORST three game stretch of any QB in like 10 years. That's a lot of QB's that's bad, and a lot of bad QB's that's played since then. And he had the worst. Me, not already being on the wagon, saw great fun out of this. For the 7 game win streak I would get crap for not thinking Tebow was a good QB. That three game stretch proved my point. And, I still got crap? What? I heard every flipping excuse in the book during that losing streak, all to protect Tim Tebow.
First it was our defense against Tom Brady, not Tebow. In short, you are not going to stop Tom Brady  offensively. You HAVE to out score him to win. And, New England had one of the worst defenses in the league, and Tebow couldn't get one pass touchdown. Sure, he had 2 running scores, but that doesn't make him a good QB. That's like saying Dwight Howard is a good Point Guard because he had 10 assists in one game.
Next, against the Buffalo game, they just side tracked it. They just avoided the issue. Never mind the fact that he threw 3 INT's, or that the Bills were on a 7-game losing streak. It wasn't his fault. For whatever reason, I didn't argue. It was a lost cause.
Then, against Kansas City. I personally had a lot of fun with that one. Kyle Orton coming back, and beating Tebow at home in Denver. That was a good day. Because I had Orton's back the whole way. And I got crap for that too. That game shut the Tebow lovers up for a bit. And being on break, I couldn't gloat at school. But it made me laugh. I loved it!
And on top of that, Matt Flynn (Aaron Rodgers' back up in Green Bay) threw 6 TD's in ONE game. Which is funny, considering he is a back up. And considering he is backing up Aaron Rodgers, so he wouldn't get playing time anyway. And I just had to throw out that Flynn had more passing TD's in one game than Tim Tebow did over a 7 game stretch. Yep, I said 7. I said that on Facebook. Didn't get any responses though.

Now, time for the actual playoff game. I watched the whole thing through, first time in like a year. It was a great game. Very entertaining. But once again, Tebow showed up for one quarter, which was the second. Otherwise he didn't do much of anything. Which is typical Tebow, except that instead of the 2md quarter, he usually shows up with 2 minutes to go in the fourth. Hey, he won games. I wasn't complaining about that. It was how he does it. He is completely non-existent for the first 57 minutes of a game, then gets a miracle drive at the end, at gets all the credit. Even when the defense played awesome, consistent football for the WHOLE game and kept him in it. And that's all I heard during that 7 game streak. Everyone was yelling "Tebow! Tebow!" I was yelling "Defense! Defense!"
Back to the game.
Yep he has one really good quarter. The only reason he had so many yards, was because all of his 10 completions were home runs. And he had 10 completions. And that Royal TD was at least 90% Royal. Tebow had a good pass (FINALLY) but that defender was all over Royal. And that 50 yard pass to Thomas was good too. Not lying here. But Thomas did one heck of a job too make sure he held on to the ball while being tackled. Yes he had 316 pass yards, but 204 of those were to ONE person. Thomas. Maybe it would help me to be on the Tebow wagon, if he didn't just pass to one person. And all of those were deep throws anyway, of course he is going to rack up pass yards. No surprise there. If I only threw deep passes, I would rack up yards too. Any QB could. So I don't honestly see that as a huge deal. And 204 of those yards came thanks to Demaryius  Thomas. Take away Thomas or at least have him have an average game, and I guarantee you Tebow doesn't pass for more than 160 yards that game.
Now for the red zone. He had only one TD in the red zone, and it was a rushing TD anyway. All the other trips ended up in FG. Which, I kinda wish we took advantage of. Can't settle for FG! And through out the game, I saw plenty of missed receivers (Most of which were open), and badly thrown passes. I saw one that looked like Matt Prater was trying to kick a field goal. He is too conservative. Sure he doesn't throw picks, but that's also because he only throws it maybe 20 times a game, and he doesn't trust himself enough yet. Or else he would be throwing the ball more.
Tebow had a good game, I'm not saying he didn't.
Now, for the OT. New rules for playoff over time. Very exciting. I was pumped. First play of OT, BOOM! Tebow to Thomas for 80 yards FTW. I'm already getting crap for wanting to give the credit to Thomas.
"Did you see that throw?!?!"
Yes, I watched. It was a pass. The only thing that was special about it, is that it didn't end up on the ground (Yes, that was a Tebow bash right there). It was your average good pass. It was special for Tebow, because it was a good spiral and on target (yes, another Tebow bash). ANY other QB would have made that pass. That's easy for them. I think its funny. Tebow gets his first perfect pass and it happens to be the game winner. So what? Did you turn the tv off? Did you watch Thomas's run? He stiffed armed a defender (which would have slowed him down), then out ran two defenders for 80 yards. All Tebow had to do was give him the ball, which wasn't even that hard to begin with. I'm giving Thomas credit for that score. Yes, Tebow gets some, mostly cause its his TD too. But the hype? For one good pass? It's starting to bug me.
Yes I give Tebow credit for the victory.
But Thomas should get a ton of credit too.
And the defense.
All the facebook statuses say something about Tebow. Mine says something about Thomas.
And I'm getting bashed for it.
Defense held Pitt to 6 points in the first half. And that Big Ben pass near the end was all skill and a little luck. That was a great catch, you can't deny it. That was a pinpoint throw by Ben, putting it where the defense couldn't reach it. And the catch was fantastic. You can't defend that.
And when you consider Pitt was playing without 7 (I think? Maybe one or two less) starters, and playing with a QB that had one and a half ankles.
They were missing their starting center, starting running back (who is probably one of the best in the league), their starting nose tackle, one of their safety's (?) can't remember the position, but he lead their team in tackles, and several others. That is one banged up Pitt team. Did I mention their running back coach is hospitalized for severe burns (my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family)? That' a lot of injuries, and a huge distraction. Along with a QB at maybe 75% healthy.  If they were healthy, I don't think we would have won. I don't even think we would have put up more than 10. That's a fact. I think the Pitt injuries had a huge impact on the game. Instead of being healthy, they missed some key injuries, and ended up losing.
A win is a win. And I'm going to give Tebow credit for this one. But Thomas and our defense played great, so they should get a lot of recognition too.

Yes. Tebow had a good game. Have I said otherwise?
One good game out of 12 possible games doesn't impress me.

Want to know my opinion? Tebow is a great Football player. In my opinion he is not a good QB. NOT YET. He will be! I'm agreeing with you guys; I'm just not doing it right now. He WILL be a good QB. I don't think he is good now. I don't hate Tebow. People keep saying I do. I DON'T. He is my favorite player in the NFL. I don't like him as a quarter back, YET. I'm not convinced. I am convinced he will become a good QB.
Tebow is well on his way to becoming a good legit NFL QB.
Next year, I'll hop on! Can't wait!
It was a great game. Can't wait for New England.
I'm just waiting for Tebow to be consistent. Consistently good. This was the game I was hoping for all year from him. Now once he can do it multiple times consistently, then I'll be on the band wagon. For now, we're gonna have to wait until next year.
That's my opinion. You can take it however you want. You can react to it however you want. I don't care. If you have a problem with it, fine. We can talk about it, I'm open for discussion. I'm sick of getting crap for "hating" on Tebow. I'm not. If that's how you took it then cool. That's not what I'm saying.
Next week's final score-
New England: 37
Denver: 21

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment