Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tebow Mania just got told!


I don't have a video of the day.
Mostly cause its 3 in the morning, and I don't feel like finding one
:)

Today's blog is about, you guessed it, Tim Tebow.

HA!
Sorry, had to get that out.
I'm kinda glad I never got on the band wagon.
Because I would be soooo disappointed right now.
I expected it.
Its really late so I might make my points clear very fast.

Tebow has three crap weeks, has one impressive game against the Steelers, and all the Tebow fans use that to say he is a great QB. I had a problem with that, considering the only thing he did for the previous 3 weeks was give the ball to the other team. Tebow fans freaked over the Steelers game. I could go into so much more detail, but I won't. I remember before the game, saying that Tebow still lost to Orton. In which promptly responded, "It doesn't matter that he lost!"
Uhm, yes it does! He had the chance to clinch a playoff berth, and he didn't. We needed the Raiders to lose.
He didn't even score.
So of course it matters. When you have a chance to "Win and you're in" and you don't win, of course its a big deal. Of course it matters.
But honestly, he still completed less than half of his passes against the Steelers. Less than half. I don't remember a time when he did complete more than half.
That's not good QB play. Sure he won 6 straight, but the 3 game losing streak showed us why that way of winning isn't going to work.
His whole regular season consisted of average to below average games. Most of those were below average.
He won games. But that's not solely the QB's job. Its the teams job.
I've said it a thousand times.
I still think the defense deserves more credit than Tebow should.
The defense totally made up for Tebow's lack of offense. It was just the way he won games.
I was happy we were winning. But when your QB is non existent for 95% of the game, you're going to win on flukes, NOT great QB play.
Which is what happened. Whether it be missed FG's, on side kick recoveries, or Prater kicking 59 yard FG's. It wasn't good QB play that won us those games.

So, I'm going to say this in the most humble, and respectful way possible.
I was right!
Which also makes up for all the crap I got for not being on the band wagon for 12 weeks.

Tebow is not a good QB, and those two games against the Patriots shows it.
The Patriots have the second WORST defense in the league.
And look at how many points we scored.
I'm just going to leave it at that.
And no, the defense didn't lose the game for us.
Yes they allowed 45 points, but its also Tom Freaking Brady. You're not going to stop him. A Hall of Fame QB with one of the best WR and two tight ends that could make the pro bowl. Kinda hard to stop that....
If history shows us anything, its that the best way to beat Tom Brady is to out gun him. And Tebow failed to even score. If you're going to beat Tom Brady, you better expect to beat him offensively.
And even if the defense played fantastic, only scoring 10 points isn't going to beat the Patriots. A good defensive game against the Patriots would be holding them to 21 points.
Last time I checked, the Broncos still would have lost.
The better QB wins games. And I think that's been evident the past few weeks.
Except for the Steelers. A healthy Big Ben would have won, in my opinion.
Win as a team, lose as a team.
This was a team effort (or lack thereof).
It was a tough game for the Broncos all around.
Although it doesn't help that your QB had a QBR of 9.
It also doesn't help when your defense lets them score 45 points.

So, in short, I just want to rub it back into all of you Tebow lovers faces.
No, I never hated on Tebow. Most of my comments that degraded him were jokes. And I would share them, knowing full well people knew I didn't like Tebow anyway. Playfully.
But he is my favorite Football player.
NOT my favorite quarterback.

Closing thought, I would have rather lost to the Steelers, than to be embarrassed by the Patriots.
That was dreadful.


Ian Quote Of The Day: "I feel like I'm watching World War I in football form."
(In reference to the Pats/Broncos game).

No comments:

Post a Comment