Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I'm running out of blog titles...



Click Here!

^^^^^^^^^
Another one of my edited videos. Its the music video for The War by Angels & Airwaves! I'd love for you to check it out!
It only took me 7 tries to upload it :)

Well. I don't know what got people started on this. But everyone's been talking about the word "love."
So, I figured I would give it a go.

The first thing I wanna say first is that "love" is probably the most overused word. And the people who use it most is probably high school girls. All preppy n such. I'm not saying this group of people are the only ones, but in my experience, they probably use it the most.
There is this one preppy freshman girl I'm friends with on Facebook (Who will remain nameless). She tosses the word "love" around like its nothing. If she likes something she automatically loves it. I remember when she starting dating this one guy, and about 2 or 3 days later, she said she loved him. I saw this and burst out laughing. For one, she's a freshman. 14? Sounds right. Who "loves" her boyfriend after 2 days of dating him. LOL. She also "loves" everybody. If you are her friend, she loves you by default. I mean she has close friends, and then there's the generic acquaintance. It really bugs me how much she claims she loves things. I don't think she gets it yet.
But here I am, judging her. Like a pro. I'm good at it too! :D

I never thought about it, but the English language totally herped when it decided it only needed one word for love. We use it so often. To describe ANYTHING we really like. Other languages have multiple words for love, we get one.
And we get to decide what we mean when we say it.
Most of the time, we use it to describe something we adore.
Such as:
"Man, I love this song!" Or "I love pizza!" I honestly don't have a problem with it. I think its obviously we don't mean it when we tell someone "I love you." This definition of love is commonplace, and most people can understand what they really mean by it. So yep. Kinda obvious the meaning for it, and we use love because saying "I really like this song" doesn't flow as well. :P

Then there's the "I love you."
Its a confusing subject.
Saying that has many different meanings as well.
As a boyfriend/girlfriend.
As a close friend.
As a friend.
As a family member.
As a mentor/teacher.
As a fellow believer in Christ.
As God told us.

I love people. The only people I tell are my parents and close friends.
And God, obviously.
And I've said it to my girlfriend several times.
But I don't know. Saying "I love you" to anyone from the following list doesnt bother me. Until they start overusing it, like stated previously.
I'm going to use another example.
There was this girl. A sophomore. We were acquaintances, from my point of view. Its not that we weren't friends, but we weren't enemies. We didn't really talk, never hung out, or anything like that. So she was just kinda there, minding our own businesses, etc. Well my birthday swung around and she posted on my wall something like this:
"Happy Birthday!:) Text me sometime!:)"
So I did. I don't usually text people often anyway, and we haven't talked in months.
So I figured why not?
The next few months, we talked on and off, like 2 days straight, then stop for a week or two. Nothing too serious or anything.
Then she started stringing together some lies. Which irritated me, just as it would anyone.
How did I know they were lies? They were obvious.
The first one was when we were talking about homecoming, and sadies and junk.
"I'll ask you to sadies!:)" Is what she said.
When she said that I literally LOL'd. It was not even homecoming yet, so Setpemeber/October,  and shes saying shes going to ask me to my school's dance, the same school that she doesn't attend. At first I was kinda happy. A date sounds fun right? I mean I've never had one to sadies before. Then I realized that she wasn't going to. She didn't say she wasn't going to, but I knew she wasn't. Before hand, we never hung out at all, and we've only been recently been talking. So I brushed it off as "boll crap."
What does this have to do with love?
Nothing. I needed to rant about it. It's not bothering me or anything, I just felt like it needed to be said.
And it also leads into love.
So. We keep talking. She was fun to talk to in all. Then one day I made a joke.
It was stupid. But it made her laugh. And she replied:
"Haha oh Ben, I love you!:)"  (Obviously, I don't remember the texts word for word. They went something like this).
HA! Boll Sh**! I'm not stupid! That was my first reaction. I mean I didn't realize you could love someone whom you've never hung out with, and have only been talking to periodically for a few months.
Tell me when I'm wrong, but I don't think love works like that.
Luckily for me, I didn't believe it.
She told me that again, sometime later. I don't know why. After that last one we stopped talking again. I didn't want to if she was going to say that. No girl has ever said that to me, besides my girlfriend. I don't think she should have.
And love is an action mostly. We never hung out. So there ya have it.
Haven't talked to her since, and sadies is in 3 weeks.
This shall be fun.

I don't really know where I was going with that.
But I guess if I had to sum it up it would be this:
Don't overuse the word "love." Only say it when you absolutely mean it. I'll work on it too.
Don't toss it around like its nothing. Its a powerful word, don't underestimate it.

Ian Quote Of The Day-
Christy: "What's spooning?"
Ian: "Want me and Ben to demonstrate? Clear the table!"
Me: ":O"

No comments:

Post a Comment