Sunday, December 18, 2011

NOT ENOUGH MAYO!!!!!

Click Here!!

Hello Blogiggity nation! I think I finally figured this whole blogging thing figured out.
There is something strangely satisfying about posting my thoughts onto the Internet only to be not read by anyone.
And those who do read it judge me in a negative fashion. :O

Anyway, today has been bleh. I think I'm on a Mountain Dew withdrawal. After about 3 days of only drinking Mountain Dew my body freaked when some substance called water got in. Which has subsequently lead to a very slow day of football and not much else. Strange right? Even my mini Mountain Dew shot didn't help.
I'm gonna need like 2 cans to suffice.
But now my sister is gettin me some Inta Juice.
SCORE!
Maybe I could put some Dew in it.

Anyway, you hear that noise?
You guessed it.
I'm gonna rant on Tim Tebow and give my honest opinion about him.

First off, I love the guy. He is my favorite football player. I respect his work ethic (He is a complete boss). I love that he expresses his strong Christian faith nearly every game, yet sometimes he kinda over does it. I love that he keeps finding ways to win games. I've been waiting 5 years as a Bronco fan to see them in the playoffs.
But honestly, he is over hyped. By a long shot. The dude can't hit the side of a bus. And is being man handled by a real QB in Tom Brady as your reading this (I am not responsible for this statement if Tebow pulls off a W). Sure, he is on a 6 game winning streak? But who has he beat? The team with the best record that he "beat" was Chicago, and they lacked their two best offensive players. And Tebow didn't even win it for them. It was Matt Prater and the defense. All the other opponents had records hovering around .500, or in essence, your average football team. And he had to come back from behind to beat them. Yes he has wins, but teams will figure out his playing style, and he can't keep getting Divine Intervention during every 4th quarter. His only loss was a very good Detroit Lions team, in which he got utterly destroyed.

This video from Saturday Night Live is funny. Watch it.

^^ I'm a Christian, and I found that hilarious. It took the media awhile to ridicule Tebow. And in the video Jesus makes a great point. "You shouldn't be praising Tebow. You should be praising Matt Prater." (Roughly paraphrased). He isn't winning games. The Denver Broncos are winning games.
Want to know why Kyle Orton was doing bad? Well for one, the entire Denver Bronco fan base hated his guts. Everyone wanted Tebow, and if you wanted Orton, you became an idiot. He played all the tough games on the schedule, (excluding Detroit and New England). All of those teams are contending for the playoffs, and the one that isn't (San Diego) was 3-1 at the time. Tebow came in, and BARELY started winning against the easiest part of the schedule. And most of those wins were because of flukes (On-side kick recovery, missed FG's, etc..).
Did I mention EVERYONE hated Orton? Generally, if everyone hates you, you don't play your best. No matter who you are. Also, 3 of those 4 losses were by 5 points or less. The fourth was by 25, but that was also thanks to playing Green Bay in Green Bay. So that's understandable.

I don't hate Tebow. I hate the media. I hate the hype. I hate all the Tebow lovers who won't shut up.
The man isn't a good QB, don't compare him to Brees, Rodgers, and Brady. He isn't the MVP. Rodgers is.
Pulling off fourth quarter wins isn't gonna last forever. He is gonna have to eventually actually beat some one by more than a touchdown, without needing a fourth quarter comeback. Granted, he didn't have an offseason to work on his game, but he started after the bye week, and looked terrible when he played the Dolphins after two weeks of preparation. And they (Miami) didn't have a win yet all season.

Look, I love Tim Tebow. I want him to succeed, and for the Broncos to make the playoffs. But all of this attention is driving me nuts.
The Houston Texans have one of the best records in the AFC.
The San Fransisco 49er's have one of the best records in the NFC.
Cam Newton.
We have 3 QB's (Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Drew Brees) all on pace to set the single-season pass yards record. That is just too incredible for words. 3 players in one year, can each break a record that's been standing for several decades.
And all of these story lines are being ignored because of Tebow.

And as you're reading this, the Broncos are down by 18 with 4 minutes left. Now will everyone hop off the band wagon please? That was getting too far.
Sorry Tebow, not a comeback likely this time.


And that's my honest opinion.

Time to study for finals! And by study for finals, I mean read the notes for a half hour.

Ian Quote Of The Day: "Cuddling is for men! Snuggling is for women!"

No comments:

Post a Comment