Thursday, December 29, 2011

My Honest Opinion

Click Here!!


^^^^^^^^^
That was my 100th liked video. It's pretty sweet!
Hello! :) I am at my work, watching Psych, and divulging into deep questions right now.
Time to explore my faith and beliefs. Gonna start off with homosexuality. :O OMG.

I'm not really sure why I'm writing about this or where I'm gonna start.
But I guess its because its becoming more of a prevalent issue in today's society. In fact, just a few weeks ago, I got into a fight on Facebook (Ok, I was trolling) over gay marriage, between me, some friends, and several mainstream public school hipsters that began bashing on Christianity. First off, we didn't instigate any hate at all (from what I could tell). I remember it started after a hipster called my friend a Christian prick for not believing in gay rights. At that point I couldn't resist. By that time it had become an argument, and I couldn't help myself from trolling it. It was great.
My opinion on homosexuality/gay marriage/gay rights?
I see it as a sin. Just like nearly everything else we do.
I see it homosexuality as a choice; we aren't born gay. Although I've seen lots of people say people are born gay, just so they have a reason to bash on God. And to say people are born gay is to call God a liar. He clearly writes in 1 Cor. 6: 9 that homosexuality is a sin.
I've heard people say its not a choice, its completely natural.
If it was natural, or we are born gay, it's probably because our genetics (Feel free to call me stupid at any point in the following paragraph).
And, if you believe its gay, you would probably believe in evolution/secular point of view on the world right? I.e, no God?
Based on that, and the evidence for evolution, if we are born gay, then the gene causing our homosexuality would have been naturally selected out millions of years ago.
Natural Selection = Undifferentiated Successful Sex. (Thank you Mrs. Lewis' AP class! :D)
That's the scientific definition. And since if you're homosexual, you're not going to have sex (well, with a female), which would mean you're probably not going to have babies, which means that the gene that cause homosexuality would eventually be naturally selected out of existence.
And no, in vitro fertilization won't work because I can guarantee you that prehistoric man didn't know what the hell that meant. 
And if its not genetic, then it has to be a choice. Just like how I am not genetically engineered to play baseball. Or be smart. Or suck at life.
(If that was a total logical fallacy let me know :))

Anyway,
back to the whole issue.
I view it as a sin (as mentioned earlier), and I think we should love the person, hate the sin.
No, I'm not going to be tolerant with homosexuals. If I did, I would have to be tolerant with murderers, liars, adulterers, etc.
I'm not going to tolerate sin. Period.
To me, homosexuality is just as wrong as killing, stealing, and every other sin.

I've also heard that if a man loves another man, why should we prevent them from loving each other?
Not supporting gay marriage doesn't do that. I love all of my guy friends. I don't have to be married to them to love them, so I don't see how we are stopping them from doing that.

I hear people claim all the time that people have the "right" to marry who ever they want. I don't think that's true.
Who gives them that right? As a Christian, I think God gives us our human rights, I don't think we decide for us.
And I also firmly believe that God set marriage between a man and a woman. That's it. Not between a man and a man, not between a woman and a woman.
"God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve." Hateful, I know, I found it kinda funny.
I also don't think we have any right at all to change what God has in place.
And at what point do we stop? When are we going to allow other sins to be tolerable: rape, bestiality etc?
No, I don't support gay marriage. I don't think its right.
I'm not sure what's gotten people so wound up about this subject. Its shocking, really. I don't see why heterosexuals get so passionate about gay rights. Enough to hate. It surprises me. I don't get it.
Maybe because its "cool?" Is it mainstream to support gay rights? Is it hipster? Did everyone get on the "Gay Rights" bandwagon?
Whatever it was, it started a chain reaction.
I pray that God will give the leaders of our government wisdom over this issue. I pray that the right choice will be made when the final decision is done.
If gay marriage is allowed, I pray that all of my fellow Christians will live like Christ, showing them love, compassion, treating them normally, and that we will be Witnesses to them.
Love the person, hate the sin.
Homosexuality. I think its a choice. A sin. God gave us free will, we aren't born gay, God isn't going to create somewhere gay, only to condemn them to hell.
That's my opinion on this touchy issue. We may disagree, I would love to discuss this :)
But ultimately, my opinion is right! :D

Ian Quote Of The Day: "My girlfriend thought I was gay."

No comments:

Post a Comment